University Graduate Program Application Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for admission to graduate programs at Stanford, applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold before enrollment at Stanford, a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Applicants from institutions outside the U.S. must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing. Please see the minimum level of study required of international applicants.
Chemical Engineering graduate programs do not require any of the following:
- GRE scores (GRE scores are no longer required or accepted as part of an application)
- A minimum GPA (grade point average)
- Particular fields of undergraduate/graduate study
- Other graduate degrees
The Department of Chemical Engineering does not accept letters of recommendation submitted through Interfolio.
Apply through the Graduate Admissions Website
All applicants must make an official application, using the university’s online forms and procedures, and following the directions from the Office of the Registrar, Graduate Admissions. Visit the Graduate Admissions website for more information about the graduate admissions process at Stanford and to apply for graduate admission.
IMPORTANT: Please note that this page provides department-specific requirements that you will need to fulfill as part of your application. These details are not on the Graduate Admissions website.